HMS RODNEY was laid down at the Cammell Laird shipyard in Birkenhead on December 28th 1922, launched on December 17th 1925, and commissioned on November 10th 1927. Named after the 18th and 19th century British Admiral Rodney.
RODNEY was held in reserve at the Normandy landings of June 6th 1944, but from June 7th until July 9th 1944 RODNEY pounded the beachhead with more than 500 16-inch rounds and many hundreds of 6-inch and 4.7-inch shells.
After the war ended in 1945, RODNEY was transferred to Reserve and sold for scrap in 1948.
Model Length: 1082mm Beam: 160mm
Total Parts 1300+
Metal Parts chain
Photo Etched Parts 10 pcs
Total Sprues 22 sprues , hull and deck
- The Deck is a single piece casting
- Accurately detailed gun
- 9 pieces of photo etched frets for handrais,ladders , radar parts etc.
- two Mk.1 airplane included
- Contains display stand