The third kit in Deans' new Compact kit range. Primarily designed for demonstrating models at model shows, this new range has rapidly gained a following for really small radio controlled models operated in small ponds or swimming pools.
Designed as a working radio controlled model
Glassfibre hull with port detail moulded in.
Computer drawn Plasticard superstructure and deck components.
Cast white metal and resin deck fittings.
The model is powered and controlled using the motors and controllers from two standard servo's. Instructions on how to convert the servo are given in the instructions
Propshafts, tube and propeller.
Full sized plan
Building instructions with photographic building illustrations.
Model length: 465mm
The Ton or Coniston class of minesweepers were constructed as minesweepers for the Royal Navy between 1951 and 1959, making them one of the most numerous class of ships to serve in the Royal Navy. All were constructed with timber hulls and were powered by 2 Mirrles Blackstone diesels of 2500 hp with later ships being fitted with 2 Deltic diesels of 3500 hp, both driving two shafts and giving 15 knots at maximum speed. Weapons fit varied but was normally 1 x 40mm Bofors and 2 x 20mm Oerlikons Minehunters normally carried just 1 x 40mm Bofors
The Bronnington (ex Green Beetle ) was constructed by Cook Welton & Gemmel at Hull and Beverly. She was laid down in 1951 and launched in 1954. She was renamed H.M.S. Humber and was stationed with the 10th M.S.S. R.N.R. In 1958 she was commissioned as Bronnington and sent to the 100th M.S.S. In 1965 he was converted to a minehunter at Rosyth (as she is modelled by us) and stationed with the 1st M.C.M.S. In 1974 she was refitted at Gibraltar and then stationed at Rosyth with the 1st M.C.M.S.
The Prince of Wales was in command from 1976 until she was visited by H.M. the Queen and Prince Philip whilst at the Tower Pier in London. Between 1980 and 1984 she was serving with the 2nd M.C.M.S and with STANAVFORCHAN.